MIG exists to serve the Memphis-area real estate investment community. Our mission is to provide our members the education, training, motivation and networking opportunities that will further the ethical investment in real estate.
If you think the price of education is expensive consider the cost of ignorance.
Over the course of a fall afternoon, Kevin will teach you about real estate investing options you may never have considered.
* What if you could rezone a property to allow for a higher number of apartments?
* What if you could change the land use from residential to commercial or office?
* What if you could develop 3 or 4 lots and sell them to a home builder?
Sounds easy enough, but it is not.
The second part of the class will focus on how the rubber meets the road.
* What is the viability of pursuing some type of development?
* Will it get approved?
* What will the neighbors say (hint: A lot!)?
* And, most importantly, what is it all going to cost.
Land development is generally not cheap, there are a lot of moving parts and professional advice will be needed. Where do you even begin?
We will discuss your own copy of the Development Cost Estimation Spreadsheet as we follow the moving parts and examine the real world costs of:
* Professional advice
* Street construction
* Curb, gutter and sidewalk installation
* Installing sewer, water and electric
* Development fees
* Lots, lots more.
Then, after examining of these costs, we will turn towards projected income to determine the bottom line. Will a potential project be profitable or not? Is it worth the effort and expense to move forward?
Finally, we will close with a quick discussion on financing and business structure options for these potential developments.
Will you learn everything there is to know about real estate development in one afternoon on Saturday, October 10th? No, that is not possible. But you will come away from this Super Saturday Series with the knowledge and tools to begin thinking about options you may have never even considered before. Whether you are a beginning or a more advanced real estate investor, you need to take this class. At only $50 for MIG members $100 for non-members it’s a no-brainer! Register today!