|Joseph T. Kirkland, Jr. is an Attorney and Senior Underwriting Counsel with CloseTRAK and current 2017 President of the Memphis Investors Group.
An attorney, and their staff, may provide one, or typically several of the following services, along
with many additional services:
· Provide advice concerning contract drafting.
· Give advice on the legal implications of the contract and other documents.
· Assist in negotiation for the purchase or sale where required.
· Obtain and examine title evidence to assure good title to the property.
· Order and review of a property survey.
· Request payoff statements for any encumbrances.
· Obtain or review a commitment for a title insurance policy.
· Coordinate the closing with other professionals in the transaction.
· Prepare a statement of closing costs including proration of taxes, etc.
· Prepare and review loan documents.
· Prepare or review deeds transferring the property.
· Close the transaction and explain the documents involved in the closing.
· Collect and disburse the funds required for closing.
· Obtain releases of the Deed(s) of Trust and other encumbrances affecting the property.
· Manage recording of the Deed, Deed of Trust and other documents.
· See to the issuance of title insurance.
· Follow up on post closing matters.
In a commercial transaction, many additional services may be included.